Recipe by noway
One of my favorite dessert recipes from my mom. *Note: If you'd rather use a 9x13 inch baking dish, just double the recipe. The prep time does not include the time needed in the freezer between making the layers of the pie.
Top Review by Scoutie
Made this on Thurs. when it was 102 degrees here! While it was very refreshing, it was a bit too sweet for me, I may leave out the corn syrup in the peanut butter/hot fudge topping next time. Thanks for posting!
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup white corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups cereal (Rice Krispies)
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup hot fudge topping
- 3 tablespoons white corn syrup
- vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the butter, 1/4 cup corn syrup, and brown sugar to a boil.
- Remove from heat; add 2 1/2 cups Rice Krispies and mix well.
- Press into a 9 inch pie plate.
- Freeze until set.
- Mix the peanut butter, hot fudge topping, and 3 Tbsp white corn syrup together.
- Spread half of this mixture over the Rice Krispies crust. Freeze until set.
- Fill shell with vanilla ice cream and drizzle the remaining sauce over the top.
- Freeze until serving.
- Set out 10 minutes before serving and use a hot knife to cut.