Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of my favorite dessert recipes from my mom. *Note: If you'd rather use a 9x13 inch baking dish, just double the recipe. The prep time does not include the time needed in the freezer between making the layers of the pie.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup white corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups cereal (Rice Krispies)
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup hot fudge topping
- 3 tablespoons white corn syrup
- vanilla ice cream
- Bring the butter, 1/4 cup corn syrup, and brown sugar to a boil.
- Remove from heat; add 2 1/2 cups Rice Krispies and mix well.
- Press into a 9 inch pie plate.
- Freeze until set.
- Mix the peanut butter, hot fudge topping, and 3 Tbsp white corn syrup together.
- Spread half of this mixture over the Rice Krispies crust. Freeze until set.
- Fill shell with vanilla ice cream and drizzle the remaining sauce over the top.
- Freeze until serving.
- Set out 10 minutes before serving and use a hot knife to cut.
Made this on Thurs. when it was 102 degrees here! While it was very refreshing, it was a bit too sweet for me, I may leave out the corn syrup in the peanut butter/hot fudge topping next time. Thanks for posting!