Recipe by senseicheryl
My co-worker makes this cake for every work get-together and everyone simply raves about it! She was kind enough to give me the recipe and I wanted to post it here for safekeeping. Thanks Sue! :-)
- 5 apples (or even 6)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a Bundt Pan.
- Peel and slice the apples into square chunks, removing the cores. The chunks should be about the size of a thimble.
- Sprinkle them with the 2 teaspoons of cinnamon mixed with the 5 tablespoons of sugar and set aside.
- Beat together the remaining ingredients until the batter is smooth.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared pan.
- Arrange half of the apple mixture on top, cover with the rest of the batter and top with the remaining apples.
- Bake for about 1 1/2 hours or until the cake is golden brown.
- Turn out of pan and let stand on rack to cool.