Recipe by bill mayes
Man this was good! My wife found this recipe in Every Day Food magazine. It was the May 2008 Issure. We had it 3/28/10 to celebrate Dukes win over Baylor to go to the final four. Its easy and pretty quick to make so enjoy this very tasty meal. Please enjoy!!
Top Review by threeovens
I liked the flavor and texture of this braised chicken very well and made it as written. I did not discard the cooking liquid, but cooked it a bit more (after removing the chicken) and served it with rice. Made for PAC Spring 2013.
- 8 chicken thighs, bone and skinless
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, course
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 lemon, sliced into 8 slices
- 1 tablespoon butter, cold
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped use flat leaf type
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 12-inch non stick skillet arrange thighs bone side up. Season with salt and pepper to taste add spices garlic. Add Wine.Bring this to a boil.reduce to simmer and tightly cover, Cook 30 minute Turn chicken over and put a slice of butter then lemon on eash piece of chicken Simmer covered another 15 minutes or so till tender. Transfer chicken to serving dish. Keep drippings in pan and later discard. Serve and enjoy.* Check out reviews from other chef for some points.