Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was given this recipe by a friend probably 20 years ago and it is one of my most requested recipes for large get togethers. It makes a huge casserole or either 2 medium size casseroles. I have modified the recipe a little from the recipe that I was given, to suit my family's taste. This dish freezes well. Our children love for me to make this up and freeze it in small, individual size dishes for them to take home and cook later.
- 680.38 g ground round
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 226.79 g of small egg noodles, cooked
- 226.79 g carton sour cream
- 425.24 g canearly English peas, drained
- 425.24 g can whole kernel corn, drained
- 283.49 g can cream of chicken soup
- 283.49 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 709.77 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 113.39 g can mushroom stems and pieces (optional)
- Cook noodles and set aside.
- Brown ground round and onions, drain.
- In large bowl combine sour cream, peas, corn, soups, salt and pepper.
- Add meat and noodles and mix well.
- Pour into one very large casserole dish or two medium size dishes.
- Top casserole with shredded cheese.
- Cook in 350 degree oven until cheese is bubbly (approximately 30 minutes).
When I first mixed this all together I thought, I'm not going to like this...but boy, was I wrong! I loved it! So good! Makes tons like you said, so I was prepared! I can't wait to bring this as a covered dish. Thanks so much.
This was great!! I halved the recipe, because there were only the two of us, and we both enjoyed this dish so much!! Today I had some leftovers, and I'll be freezing the rest for another day..this dish is creamy, hearty, and so flavorful--Definitely a 5 star keeper!! Thank you so much!! Teresa
Delicious! My family will not eat peas, so I shredded up some carrot in the food processor instead with great results. Cooked one and froze one and now everyone is looking forward to when I cook the next one! Thanks a lot!