I was given this recipe by a friend probably 20 years ago and it is one of my most requested recipes for large get togethers. It makes a huge casserole or either 2 medium size casseroles. I have modified the recipe a little from the recipe that I was given, to suit my family's taste. This dish freezes well. Our children love for me to make this up and freeze it in small, individual size dishes for them to take home and cook later.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground round
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 ounces of small egg noodles, cooked
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (15 ounce) can early English peas, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces (optional)
- 1Cook noodles and set aside.
- 2Brown ground round and onions, drain.
- 3In large bowl combine sour cream, peas, corn, soups, salt and pepper.
- 4Add meat and noodles and mix well.
- 5Pour into one very large casserole dish or two medium size dishes.
- 6Top casserole with shredded cheese.
- 7Cook in 350 degree oven until cheese is bubbly (approximately 30 minutes).
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sue Sue's Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.8
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 72.4 mg
- Sodium 492.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 18.0 g