I found the original recipe on the internet a few years back and made it for my friend, Sue, at our annual Christmas day brunch. Since then I've played with it a bit, and have developed both a hot and cold version. Good either way. Using made from scratch hot cocoa is the key to a tasty result. The majority of the prep time is for making the hot cocoa. Once done, the drink goes together in seconds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For version one, prepare the hot cocoa ahead and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- 2In a shaker full of ice, combine the rum, liquer, and cooled cocoa.
- 3Shake well and strain into a martini glass.
- 4Drop 1-2 teaspoons of cream into the center of the glass and serve immediately.
- 5For version two, prepare the cocoa but keep hot.
- 6Mix the rum and chocolate liquer in a microwave safe cup and microwave until very warm.
- 7Add the hot cocoa, stir, and top with a dollop of whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sue on Horseback
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.8
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 11.3 mg
- Sodium 28.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 2.1 g