Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
My friend Sue and I made up this recipe several years ago when we were roommates. It has received rave reviews every time I have served it. A friend of mine liked it so much she made it for her wedding rehersal dinner, and still makes it to this day (15+ years and counting)!
- 2 whole poached boneless chicken breasts (4 halves)
- 1 lb bow tie pasta, cooked to desired tenderness
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise (I use Hellman's Light)
- 1 (7 ounce) envelope Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced onion
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta until desired tenderness, and cool.
- Poach chicken breast –to fill pot with enough water to cover chicken, boil water and then add chicken, simmer for about 12 minutes or until cooked thoroughly. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Mix mayonnaise and salad dressing mix in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- After chicken is cooled, cut into bite size pieces and add to mayonnaise mixture – mix thoroughly.
- Add cooled pasta and mix thoroughly.
- Serve chilled.
- Best if served the same day.
- If you have leftovers, add more mayonnaise until moist.
I love this salad! I made it just this morning and it was scrumptious right away, but I have a feeling that it will improve even more after sitting in the fridge for a few hours to let the flavors mesh. I made a half recipe, but made all of the dressing (using Miracle Whip...don't yell, please!) and the whole packet of dressing mix. I like my pasta salads pretty "wet". I also added the full cup of grapes, cut in half. This will be one that I make very, very often....easy, different, and absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing it with us.