I adopted this recipe. I had prepared it for a holiday function prior to the adoption. The comments from my original review stated, "This dense, rich chocolate cake is intensely moist. It baked perfectly and made a lovely layer cake. I will be using this recipe again for chocolate cake needs." The cake in my photo has Chocolate Buttercream Frosting, between the layers, and is frosted with Chocolate Frosting before being covered with my Chocolate Curls. It was a huge hit, and I have made this cake many, many times since.
- Mix cocoa and boiling water.
- Mix buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla together.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Mix dry ingredients into buttermilk/oil mixture.
- Mix in cocoa.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit in two greased and floured and parchment lined 9-inch round pans.
- Bake until tester comes out clean, approximately 30 minutes.