Found on the internet and made today for superbowl. YUMMY! Had to switch up the cook time and some of the ingredients, but the end product was delicious! I switched out the cornstarch for cream of tartar because that is all I had in the house, and then I added maybe a 1/4 cup of flour to thicken it up a little more turning the sauce into a sauce and a glaze for the meatballs
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1Start with the meatballs and make the sauce as they bake.
- 2Take the two slices of bread, cut off the crusts and soak in enough milk to make them soft.
- 3While the bread is soaking, combine the beaten egg, 1 tbs of milk, bread crumbs, 2 TBS peppers, and Worcestershire sauce.
- 4Take bread out of milk, squeeze excess milk until bread forms a ball. Dice the bread.
- 5Add bread to egg mixture and mix everything together.
- 6Add meat.
- 7Shape into 1 inch balls and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 8Sauce: In a saucepan, mix 1/4 cup cold water, honey, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and the 1/4 cup pepper over medium high heat. Bring mixture to a rolling boil and then reduce to low heat for 5 minutes.
- 9During the low heat time add cornstarch or cream of tartar and flour as necessary.
- 10Add meatballs to saucepan, mixing contents together. Heat until the meat reaches 165 degrees to ensure a safe temperature for eating.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sue Bee Honey Tangy Mini Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.1
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 57.4 mg
- Sodium 315.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 9.6 g