Recipe by Koechin (Chef)
These are the BEST Baked Beans EVER! I have tried many, but was intrigued by this recipe that Paula Deen prepared and was sent to her by friends. This is a must try recipe.
Top Review by JanuaryBride
Divine baked beans to say the least! Made these for a party the other day and they were well received. That said, this makes a LOT of beans. . .I caution that you might want to cut the recipe in half. I served half the batch and then froze the other half to serve at a later date. I will never make another baked bean recipe again. . .this was too delish and easy to boot.
- 4 (1814.36 g) can baked beans
- 566.99 g can crushed pineapple
- 236.59 ml molasses (optional)
- 236.59 ml barbecue sauce
- 29.58 ml yellow mustard
- 6 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 170.09 g can French-fried onions, crushed
- 14.79 ml hot sauce
- 9.85 ml garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients, BUT ADD ONLY HALF THE FRENCH FRIED ONIONS (crush the onion in the can before using them).** Unless you like things realy sweet, cut the Molasses in half or even leave them out, as several reviers have done!1.
- Pour into a 9x13 sprayed casserole.
- Sprinkle with the remaining onions.
- The casserole will be very full, so set it on a cookie sheet to save your oven.:-).
- Cook for aproximately 1 hour or until it bubbles.