Recipe by Koechin (Chef)
These are the BEST Baked Beans EVER! I have tried many, but was intrigued by this recipe that Paula Deen prepared and was sent to her by friends. This is a must try recipe.
Top Review by Big D Texas
I have made these several times and they are wonderful. I usually have to do a little "pre-selling" on the pineapple, unless I know the crowd well. BUT, these cannot be beaten! Thanks so much for a wonderfully unique take on and old, common recipes.
- 4 (16 ounce) cans baked beans
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup molasses (optional)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (6 ounce) can French-fried onions, crushed
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients, BUT ADD ONLY HALF THE FRENCH FRIED ONIONS (crush the onion in the can before using them).** Unless you like things realy sweet, cut the Molasses in half or even leave them out, as several reviers have done!1.
- Pour into a 9x13 sprayed casserole.
- Sprinkle with the remaining onions.
- The casserole will be very full, so set it on a cookie sheet to save your oven.:-).
- Cook for aproximately 1 hour or until it bubbles.