Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are the BEST Baked Beans EVER! I have tried many, but was intrigued by this recipe that Paula Deen prepared and was sent to her by friends. This is a must try recipe.
- 4 (16 ounce) cans baked beans
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup molasses (optional)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (6 ounce) can French-fried onions, crushed
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients, BUT ADD ONLY HALF THE FRENCH FRIED ONIONS (crush the onion in the can before using them).** Unless you like things realy sweet, cut the Molasses in half or even leave them out, as several reviers have done!1.
- Pour into a 9x13 sprayed casserole.
- Sprinkle with the remaining onions.
- The casserole will be very full, so set it on a cookie sheet to save your oven.:-).
- Cook for aproximately 1 hour or until it bubbles.
Divine baked beans to say the least! Made these for a party the other day and they were well received. That said, this makes a LOT of beans. . .I caution that you might want to cut the recipe in half. I served half the batch and then froze the other half to serve at a later date. I will never make another baked bean recipe again. . .this was too delish and easy to boot.
These a good beans, I loved the fried-onion crunch on top. Made as written, just decreased the recipe by half. I didn't have crushed pineapple so I minced up some pineapple rings that I had. Made for Help a Naked Recipe Tag in the Photo Forum.
I have to say, I also got this recipe from foodnetwork.com years ago. These beans have been a huge hit at every party! I am writing this review because I seen this recipe listed on the home page of this website and instantly smiled. Oh yeah, it deserves the front page! In fact, my cousin recently divorced about a year ago and the one thing her ex-husband asked for was this recipe from me! The hardest part for me was finding where the grocery stores hide those cans of fried onion crisps! otherwise a huge hit and well worth making for the Summer BBQ'S!