Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My variation of Suddenly Salad! This recipe is fresh and delicious.
- 16 ounces rotini pasta, pasta. cooked according to package directions. (I like the spinach or wheat or red variety because it is pretty)
- 12 ounces marinated artichoke hearts (oil included... do not drain)
- 8 ounces pimientos (well drained) or 8 ounces roasted red peppers (well drained)
- 8 ounces of sliced black olives (well drained)
- 8 ounces swiss cheese (cubed into little tiny bits)
- 8 ounces feta cheese (you can buy this pre-crumbled and ready to go)
- 8 ounces green olives (well drained)
- 8 ounces pepperoni (you can buy it in a convenient package already sliced)
- olive oil
- Cook the pasta. Drain it well and rinse under cold running water to stop the cooking process for a minute or so.
- Dump all of it into a big bowl and mix. Refrigerate for a day.
- Be sure and include the oil from the marinated artichoke hearts! If it is too dry for your tastes add a few tablespoons of olive oil to loosen it up a bit.
- This makes a lot of cold pasta salad in 20 minutes!
Beautiful and keeps well in the refrigerator (just add a little Italian dressing before serving each time).
I have to admit we did not know what suddenly salad was, but we did really like this pasta salad! I added only about half of the oil from the artichokes (and it was plenty for us), but did add the juice of a large lemon to zing it up a bit. I also used just about half of the olives (and used kalamata for the black olives) and cheese for our tastes. All the flavors work well together to create a very tasty dish.
My husband requested a "suddenly salad" noodle dish for Easter so I was so glad to find this recipe! I cut the recipe in half for just the 2 of us but boy it still made a lot! I used whole wheat pasta, and used all the oil from the artichokes. I used reduced fat cheddar for the swiss & fat free feta cheese. It had great flavor. I will take the suggestion of using Italian dressing b/f serving each time--I think that will keep the flavor fresh. Thanks for sharing!