Recipe by sassafrasnanc
A simple yet very flavorful salad that has a typical ingredient of peanut butter in South African dishes. An adventurous change from the usual. Add another chili if you want it a bit spicier. Thai chili's work well. Posted for ZWT4
- 5 tomatoes, diced, seeds removed
- 4 green onions, finely diced
- 1 small green chili pepper, seeds and stem removed
- 59.14 ml Italian parsley, finely diced
- 78.07 ml oil
- 59.14 ml peanut butter, smooth
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2.46 ml salt, adjust to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tomatoes, green onions, chili pepper and parsley in large bowl.
- Whisk oil into peanut butter until smooth.
- Stir in lime juice to peanut butter and season with salt. Additional oil or water may be added if dressing is too thick.
- Using a wooden spoon, gently stir dressing into tomato mixture until lightly coated.