Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple yet very flavorful salad that has a typical ingredient of peanut butter in South African dishes. An adventurous change from the usual. Add another chili if you want it a bit spicier. Thai chili's work well. Posted for ZWT4
- 5 tomatoes, diced, seeds removed
- 4 green onions, finely diced
- 1 small green chili pepper, seeds and stem removed
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, finely diced
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter, smooth
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, adjust to taste
- Combine tomatoes, green onions, chili pepper and parsley in large bowl.
- Whisk oil into peanut butter until smooth.
- Stir in lime juice to peanut butter and season with salt. Additional oil or water may be added if dressing is too thick.
- Using a wooden spoon, gently stir dressing into tomato mixture until lightly coated.
it's one of my favorites salads, I don't like it thick so I add water and a lot of lemon ,, try to add chopped hot papers if you like!
Oh Thank you Sassafrasnanc, you remined me when I was a kid I used to eat it all the time. By the way, i'm Sudanese Canadian.
This was an interesting salad, a very different taste, the combination of lime and peanut butter was quite unique. Next time I will use a little less peanut butter. I did use crunchy peanut butter, as that is all I had, but we sort of liked the nuts in the salad.