Recipe by Um Safia
This is a lovely simple recipe for traditional cinnamon tea as it is drunk in Sudan. You can reduce / increase the servings easily also. Posted for ZWT 4.
- 4 cups boiling water
- 4 tea english tea bags or 4 teaspoons of loose english tea
- 4 cinnamon sticks (approx 1/2-inch)
- 4 lumps of sugar, plus extra
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 4 cups of boiling water in a tea pot with the tea & allow to brew for a few minutes then stir.
- Place 1 cinnamon stick & 1 sugar lump in a tea cup & pour the tea slowly over them.
- Serve with an additional bowl of sugar lumps for guests to add if they like. (You may also add a cinnamon stick to the tea pot whilst the tea is brewing for a stronger cinnamon flavour).