Recipe by Just Happy
My own recipe. Came out perfectly golden brown, moist on the inside, with a light fluffy texture and smelled of fresh zucchini goodness.
Top Review by swishtar
How many people made this recipe and wasted an hour and maybe $2 to $3 dollars worth of ingredients? The time I wasted on this recipe clarified something for me: I will ALWAYS make only highly reviewed recipes. The dough did not bake through at all. After one hour I could still not get the tooth pic to come out clean. It is slimy and doughy and completely worthless. Well, lesson learned.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup demerara sugar
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded (about 1 medium)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a mini 3"x6" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, sift dry ingredients together.
- Gently stir yogurt into the dry mix.
- Combine shredded zucchini into the mixture with gentle strokes.
- Spoon batter into loaf pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until top is golden brown and toothpick comes out clean after inserted.