Recipe by Dine & Dish
This is one of our favorite ways to make Shrimp! Delicious, spicy and full of flavor! If you don't like intense "hot" flavor, cut down the crushed red pepper flakes! This recipe can easily be doubled to serve more.
Top Review by achristensen14
Very tasty and a good spicy flavor. Kids said it was a little too strong and to ease up next time, but loved the taste. We used a pound of 61/70 shrimp and increased the cabbage for an attractive bed on the platter. Also served with a side of white rice and steamed broccoli.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons sliced onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over high heat. Add cabbage and 1 tablespoon water and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Remove cabbage from skillet and place on a serving platter.
- Heat the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in the skillet over high heat. Place the garlic and shrimp in the skillet and stir until garlic is lightly browned and shrimp turns pink. Add pepper, onion, cilantro, soy sauce and remaining water to the skillet.
- Stir-fry for 10 seconds.
- Pour the hot mixture onto the cabbage.