Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of our favorite ways to make Shrimp! Delicious, spicy and full of flavor! If you don't like intense "hot" flavor, cut down the crushed red pepper flakes! This recipe can easily be doubled to serve more.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons sliced onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over high heat. Add cabbage and 1 tablespoon water and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Remove cabbage from skillet and place on a serving platter.
- Heat the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in the skillet over high heat. Place the garlic and shrimp in the skillet and stir until garlic is lightly browned and shrimp turns pink. Add pepper, onion, cilantro, soy sauce and remaining water to the skillet.
- Stir-fry for 10 seconds.
- Pour the hot mixture onto the cabbage.
Very tasty and a good spicy flavor. Kids said it was a little too strong and to ease up next time, but loved the taste. We used a pound of 61/70 shrimp and increased the cabbage for an attractive bed on the platter. Also served with a side of white rice and steamed broccoli.
This is a wonderful recipe I've been making from AllRecipes for a long time. The first time I made it, I was skeptical about serving the mix over just cabbage...so I made the cabbage and a side of white rice. We actually really liked this served over cabbage the best, which also made this VERY low carb. Great recipe! Can alter the heat to suit your taste.