Recipe by getoutofmygalley
I found this one online and have to give credit to Giorgio Castiglioni. It's very rich, so make sure you serve it with lots of garlic bread!
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 500 g bacon, cut into 1/2-inch lengths
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 750 g spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large Dutch oven, fry bacon over medium heat until most of the fat is released, but before it becomes crispy. Remove fat. Add wine and oregano, reducing the wine over a low-medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic to bacon and saute for 10 minutes or so. Add olive oil for the last few minutes if needed.
- About halfway through, begin to boil water for spaghetti. When it is ready, mix it in with the bacon.
- Add the cream mixture, one half at a time.