Recipe by CHILI SPICE
Simple, savory, sweet, spicy (that is up to you)... I can't even guess how many times I have whipped up this quick spread for guests with rave reviews. This is one of my favorite appetizer dishes because it is so easy and has so much flavor. I use my own recipe for cocktail sauce (#287829 Kicked Up Cocktail Sauce) with this recipe but you can also used bottled..
Top Review by Gerry
Loved this one! While similar to one I make found it just enough different to be added to my appetizer cookbook and one of the appetizers I will be making for an upcoming birthday in March. Used seafood cocktail which we really like - must look for that Kicked Up Cocktail Sauce - sounds good. The prawns for presentation are a must - plan on serving some on the side as well ... eight would just not be enough at our house! Thank you for sharing.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (or Salad dressing)
- 3 cups shrimp (cooked and roughly chopped) or 3 cups prawns (cooked and roughly chopped)
- 1 cup seafood cocktail sauce (I use this Kicked up Cocktail Sauce)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped fine
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, medium size seeded and diced
- 8 prawns, cooked with tails on for presentation (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the first 3 ingredients together in a bowl. Spread over a 12 inch (30 cm) pizza pan or flat platter. (Note: I like to make a small lip around the edge so all the toppings stay inside).
- Scatter shrimp over cheese mixture. Add the rest of the ingredients sprinkled in these layers over cheese mixture and shrimp/prawns. Seafood cocktail sauce (spread around), mozzarella cheese, green peppers, green onions and tomato.
- Place presentation prawns over top of the spread.
- Best served with crackers (I like Wheat Thins).