Recipe by DoubletheGarlic
A throw-it-all-in recipe. Ingredient-list gleaned from various lamb recipes I've used in the past, with a minty twist! ( I have a ridiculously not-hot crock-pot, so I was able to fix-it-and-forget-it for ten hours. By then it was well and truly falling off the bone. Lovely! My crock-pot is also incredibly small, so the lamb was half-submerged in the marinade. If yours is not, you might do well to baste the meat half-way through, if possible. I covered the exposed meat with the left-over lemon skins (yellow-side up) to avoid scorching on top.]
- 2⁄3 kg leg of lamb (e.g. half leg)
- 1⁄2 cup ginger wine
- 1 small lemon, juice of
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 inch gingerroot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 mint sprig (approx. 8 leaves)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Except for the lamb, salt & pepper, combine all the ingredients in your crock-pot.
- Place the lamb into the pot and wet it with the wine-lemon marinade.
- Give the lamb a hearty dusting of freshly ground pepper, and salt to taste.
- Cook 8 - 10 hours on LOW. Serve with potatoes and fresh mint leaves!