Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a blend of aspects I liked from multiple recipes I tried. It's absolutely delish and melts in your mouth.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 118.29 ml flour (for dredging)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 113.39 g prosciutto or 113.39 g pancetta
- 1 medium yellow sweet onion, sliced lengthwise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 226.79 g fresh baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 118.29 ml sweet marsala wine or 118.29 ml cream sherry
- 29.58 ml heavy cream
- 118.29 ml chicken stock
- 29.58 ml butter
- Put breasts on cutting board, lay plastic wrap over and pound until 1/4 inch thick.
- Put flour, salt & pepper in shallow dish; mix.
- Heat oil over medium heat in large skillet. When oil is hot, dredge both sides of chicken in flour mix, shaking off excess. Put in pan and fry for 5 minutes each side until golden. Remove chicken to plate.
- Lower heat and add prosciutto/pancetta to drippings left in pan, sauté for 1 minute.
- Add onion and garlic, sauté 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until nicely browned, about 5 minutes. Add pepper to taste.
- Pour Marsala/sherry in pan and boil for a few seconds to evaporate alcohol. Add chicken stock and simmer for 1-2 minutes to reduce sauce.
- Stir in butter and cream, return chicken to pan, simmer for 1 minute to reheat chicken.
- Serve over your choice of mashed potatoes or pasta.
yum! I also used bacon, and I diced the chicken, simply because we prefer it that way. Lovely sauce, succulent chicken, didn't take long to prepare for an excellent dinner, served over rice. Thank you, keort, this dish was made for I Recommend tag game.
Awesome. We had to substitute ordinary bacon for prosciutto, but if that hurt anything, the dish survived nicely. Made for PAC Spring 2013.