1/3 Photos of Succulent Chicken Marsala
This is a blend of aspects I liked from multiple recipes I tried. It's absolutely delish and melts in your mouth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 118.29 ml flour (for dredging)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 113.39 g prosciutto or 113.39 g pancetta
- 1 medium yellow sweet onion, sliced lengthwise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 226.79 g fresh baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 118.29 ml sweet marsala wine or 118.29 ml cream sherry
- 29.58 ml heavy cream
- 118.29 ml chicken stock
- 29.58 ml butter
- 1Put breasts on cutting board, lay plastic wrap over and pound until 1/4 inch thick.
- 2Put flour, salt & pepper in shallow dish; mix.
- 3Heat oil over medium heat in large skillet. When oil is hot, dredge both sides of chicken in flour mix, shaking off excess. Put in pan and fry for 5 minutes each side until golden. Remove chicken to plate.
- 4Lower heat and add prosciutto/pancetta to drippings left in pan, sauté for 1 minute.
- 5Add onion and garlic, sauté 2 minutes.
- 6Add mushrooms and sauté until nicely browned, about 5 minutes. Add pepper to taste.
- 7Pour Marsala/sherry in pan and boil for a few seconds to evaporate alcohol. Add chicken stock and simmer for 1-2 minutes to reduce sauce.
- 8Stir in butter and cream, return chicken to pan, simmer for 1 minute to reheat chicken.
- 9Serve over your choice of mashed potatoes or pasta.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Succulent Chicken Marsala
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.3
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 101.9 mg
- Sodium 823.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 29.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: