Recipe by keort
This is a blend of aspects I liked from multiple recipes I tried. It's absolutely delish and melts in your mouth.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
yum! I also used bacon, and I diced the chicken, simply because we prefer it that way. Lovely sauce, succulent chicken, didn't take long to prepare for an excellent dinner, served over rice. Thank you, keort, this dish was made for I Recommend tag game.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour (for dredging)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 ounces prosciutto or 4 ounces pancetta
- 1 medium yellow sweet onion, sliced lengthwise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 ounces fresh baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sweet marsala wine or 1⁄2 cup cream sherry
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Put breasts on cutting board, lay plastic wrap over and pound until 1/4 inch thick.
- Put flour, salt & pepper in shallow dish; mix.
- Heat oil over medium heat in large skillet. When oil is hot, dredge both sides of chicken in flour mix, shaking off excess. Put in pan and fry for 5 minutes each side until golden. Remove chicken to plate.
- Lower heat and add prosciutto/pancetta to drippings left in pan, sauté for 1 minute.
- Add onion and garlic, sauté 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until nicely browned, about 5 minutes. Add pepper to taste.
- Pour Marsala/sherry in pan and boil for a few seconds to evaporate alcohol. Add chicken stock and simmer for 1-2 minutes to reduce sauce.
- Stir in butter and cream, return chicken to pan, simmer for 1 minute to reheat chicken.
- Serve over your choice of mashed potatoes or pasta.