Recipe by Rita~
Imagine the aroma of this as you walk in the door from work! Make potatoes the day before so when you get home just reheat and eat. Try sliced sweet carrots in this!
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
This is now my favorite cacciatore. I amended recipe to make it in my electronic pressure cooker (cut recipe in 1/2). I reduced the wine & broth back abit & used 1 cup of pasta sauce, it was the perfect amt of liquid vs meat/vegys. My chicken thighs were boneless/skinless so I used 1 1/4 lb. I found it abit oily/fatty so next time I'll cut back the butter &/or oil. Used essence spice on the chicken & sub'd pitted italian olives for the black. Fabulous flavours, thanks so much for sharing.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 lbs chicken pieces, washed and dried
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cubed
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (3 lb) jar pasta sauce, i prefer prego
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Season Chicken with Pepper flakes, salt, black peppper& garlic powder.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and brown seasoned chicken on all sides.
- Remove chicken and place into crock pot.
- Deglaze pan with wine.
- Add butter and sautee celery, pepper,mushrooms,onion,& garlic about 2 minutes.
- Add to crock pot.
- Stir in oregano, parsley, chicken Broth, Prego sauce and cover, and cook on Low for 7 to 9 hours.
- Just before serving add olives and sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Serve over pasta or on a bed of Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Cauliflower recipe #46925.