1/1 Photo of Succulent Chicken Cacciatore (Crock Pot)
7 hrs 15 mins
Imagine the aroma of this as you walk in the door from work! Make potatoes the day before so when you get home just reheat and eat. Try sliced sweet carrots in this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 lbs chicken pieces, washed and dried
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cubed
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (3 lb) jar pasta sauce, i prefer prego
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 1Season Chicken with Pepper flakes, salt, black peppper& garlic powder.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet and brown seasoned chicken on all sides.
- 3Remove chicken and place into crock pot.
- 4Deglaze pan with wine.
- 5Add butter and sautee celery, pepper,mushrooms,onion,& garlic about 2 minutes.
- 6Add to crock pot.
- 7Stir in oregano, parsley, chicken Broth, Prego sauce and cover, and cook on Low for 7 to 9 hours.
- 8Just before serving add olives and sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- 9Serve over pasta or on a bed of Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Cauliflower Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Cauliflower.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Succulent Chicken Cacciatore (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (427 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 620.1
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 115.9 mg
- Sodium 1502.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 23.4 g
- Protein 35.8 g