Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Put this together for unexpected Lunch guests today. (from what I had around.) It turned out so delicious, had to share it. Served it with a platter of sliced tomatoes, celery sticks, carrots sticks, torn lettuce, and pickles, with havarti Jalepino cheese slices and whole wheat kieser rolls. and thawed frozen strawberries for dessert!! Funny how last minute things, sometimes turn out so well.
- 4 frozen boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus
- dried thyme
- pepper, freshly ground
- olive oil, extra virgin
- balsamic vinegar, the good stuff
- fresh parsley, finely chopped
- fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- Roast the frozen chicken on a rack in a 400f degree oven,'til cooked through and slightly browned on top, about 1 hour.
- While still hot, slice in half inch strips.
- Arrange strips on a serving platter.
- While the chicken is roasting, snap off the tough ends of asparagus and place the asparagus in a steamer.
- Sprinkle with dried thyme, salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Steam asparagus 5 minutes,'til tender crisp.
- Arrange the asparagus spears on the platter intermingled with the chicken.
- Drizzle platter with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley, thyme, jalepino, salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Serve immediately, warm or serve cold, refrigerate, lightly covered with plastic film for up to 3 hours.
- Cooking the chicken from frozen keeps it very succulent and tender.