Recipe by Marla Swoffer
Bacon is the key ingredient in this savory combination of lima beans, corn, and tomatoes. I used a crockpot but it could easily be adapted to the stovetop.
Top Review by essers_476265
This is a very good recipe that could, for my taste, be a bit better. The next time I do this I plan to: add --
¼ cup diced green pepper.
¼ cup celery.
Maybe some diced onion.
2 bay leaves.
A dash of liquid smoke or use smoked bacon.
Tabasco. (A few dashes.)
Then cover the whole uncooked mix with some more chicken broth.
Again, I liked this and plan to do it again!
- 1 lb dried baby lima beans
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil lima beans for ten minutes.
- Drain, rinse and drain again.
- Layer bacon on bottom of crockpot.
- Pour beans on top.
- Pour tomatoes (with juice) and corn (with juice) on top.
- Break up tomatoes if they're whole.
- Add broth and water.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours (or low for 6-8 hours).
- Stir and serve.