Kozmic Blues's Note:
From "Down Home with the Neely's". There aren't too many recipes from this show that I can even EAT, however, this morning was a pleasant surprise! Original recipe listed below was made with grilled corn, but I use 2 cans of white sweet corn to save some time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1For the dressing:.
- 2Add all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- 3For the salad:.
- 4If grilling the corn, preheat grill to medium heat.
- 5Peel husks off of corn, lightly oil the ears, place on grill and turn occasionally.
- 6Cook for 15 minutes.
- 7Cut the corn away from the cob and place into a large bowl OR drain canned sweet corn into bowl.
- 8Slice green beans into thirds.
- 9Cook the green beans in salted boiling water for about 3 minutes.
- 10Drain and run under cold water until cooled.
- 11Chop and mix with diced tomatoes, lima beans, bell pepper and roasted corn.
- 12Add dressing and mix well.
- 13Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Succotash Salad
Serving Size: 1 (372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.3
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 641.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 9.0 g