Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From "Down Home with the Neely's". There aren't too many recipes from this show that I can even EAT, however, this morning was a pleasant surprise! Original recipe listed below was made with grilled corn, but I use 2 cans of white sweet corn to save some time
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cups corn
- vegetable oil (if grilling corn)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, washed
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 cups canned lima beans, rinsed
- 1 cup orange bell pepper, diced
- For the dressing:.
- Add all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- For the salad:.
- If grilling the corn, preheat grill to medium heat.
- Peel husks off of corn, lightly oil the ears, place on grill and turn occasionally.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Cut the corn away from the cob and place into a large bowl OR drain canned sweet corn into bowl.
- Slice green beans into thirds.
- Cook the green beans in salted boiling water for about 3 minutes.
- Drain and run under cold water until cooled.
- Chop and mix with diced tomatoes, lima beans, bell pepper and roasted corn.
- Add dressing and mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.