Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Nice quick side dish from Cooking light.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried summer savory or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 dash salt
- 2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- Bring 1/2 cup water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add beans, and cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Add corn, bell pepper, savory and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, and stir in tomato.
Loved it!! I've been looking for a recipe similar to my southern grandma's..she used to can succotash using the 'overdone' veggies from her garden. I used the insides of my overdone green beans instead of the lima beans & cooked till bright green & just barely done, used canned corn as that's what I had, omitted the green peppers for heartburn reasons & added 1/4 tsp crushed garlic. I'll definitely be making this again..makes a nice change from the usual veggie dishes & is very easy!!
Yums! Great veggie side dish. Left out the tomatoes, didn't have any. Added red bell pepper for color. Delicious.