Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
from an Amish cookbook
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 44.37 ml butter
- 236.59 ml corn (fresh or canned)
- 236.59 ml lima beans (fresh or canned)
- 473.18 ml diced potatoes
- 236.59 ml water
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 709.77 ml milk
- 29.58 ml flour
- 59.14 ml water
- 4.92 ml parsley, chopped
- Sauce onion and butter until slightly browned.
- Add the vegetables.
- Add 1 cup water, salt and pepper.
- Simmer til vegetables are tender.
- Add milk and heat to boiling.
- Blend flour with 1/4 cup water to make a smooth paste and add to the soup, cook for one minute while stirring constantly.
- Garnish servings with chopped parsley.