Recipe by John Sauerbeck
This is always a Thanksgiving tradition. I just made some because we had turkey and decided to share. Simple to make.
- 1⁄2 cup dried baby lima beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, plus juice
- 1⁄2 fresh tomato, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lima beans and 3 cups water in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit 30 minutes.
- Bring back to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 90 minutes or until soft.
- Add water as necessary to keep beans covered.
- Add corn with juice to beans.
- Add tomato.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add butter and pepper.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.