Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great one-skillet vegetable and bacon dish. I don't care for okra and usually omit it, but I have included it as part of the original recipe.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup okra (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup yellow squash, diced
- 1 cup corn (canned or frozen)
- 1 cup baby lima beans (frozen)
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Fry bacon in skillet.
- Remove bacon, leaving grease in pan.
- Saute squash, okra, onions and peppers until soft.
- Add corn, tomatoes, parsley and seasonings to taste.
- Cut bacon in small pieces and add to vegetables.
This has quickly become a holiday staple around here (we found it around Thanksgiving). My DH doesn't like squash, so we left that out and upped the okra and limas. Friends and family just devastate this stuff. :) YUM.