Recipe by mermaidmagic
This is typically not my type of dish, but when my colleague Dominic made it I was sure to jot down his recipe.
Top Review by CranberrySparkle
Nice variation on this classic dish. The tomatoes and onions added both flavor and liquid and helped keep the lima beans and corn moist. I omitted the butter and used just enough olive oil to saute the onions.
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 2 cups lima beans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups corn kernels, cooked
- 1 cup tomatoes, peeled,cored,seeded and diced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil lima beans in salted water for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Drain well.
- Melt butter in saute pan over medium low heat.
- Add onions, beans, corn and tomatoes.
- Saute, stirring often for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.