Recipe by PSU Lioness
I found this on the Success Boil-in-Bag 10 minute rice website. I made it as instructed and it got a little too soupy for my liking. I am posting with adjustments that I made to keep it on the thicker side. Either way, my 7 year old daughter ate 3 helpings of it and she swears she doesn't like rice. You could probably add chicken or ham to make this a really great main dish. Enjoy!
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) bagsuccess boil-in-bag brown rice
- cooking spray
- 1 (10 ounce) boxchopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup, condensed
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 tablespoon onion, freshly grated (I used 1/4 c French fried onions, lightly crushed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (I thought it needed more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Spray 2 quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread cooked rice in bottom of casserole dish.
- Cover with broccoli.
- Top broccoli with cheese.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and pour over ingredients in casserole.
- Bake until hot and bubbly; about 20 minutes.
- NOTE: It does not suggest stirring the casserole, but I did after 10 minutes because it seemed like the soup mixture wasn't seeping into the rice like it should have. I stirred and then baked for another 15 minutes and it was great.