Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is from the FOOD column by Anjali Vellody of the Weekend magazine's issue dated June 17th'2004. Enjoy!
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups mixed vegetables, boiled
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (mixed into a paste with 3 tbsps. water)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 3⁄4 cup tomato puree
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 6 -7 saffron strands, soaked in 1 tbsp. warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
Dry roast and grind to a paste
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, soaked in water and de-skinned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black peppercorns
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the sliced onion until dark brown and then grind it to obtain a paste. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Toss in the mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes.
- Fold in the spring onions and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the mixed vegetables and saute for 5 minutes.
- In another pan, heat 1 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and stir-fry for 4 minutes.
- Fold in salt, turmeric powder, corriander powder and the ground almond paste.
- Stir-fry for 5-6 minutes.
- Add tomato puree and cook for a few minutes.
- Fold in the sauted vegetables.
- When well blended, add the cornflour mixture and saffron soaked in warm water.
- Mix well and cook until the gravy thickens.
- Serve hot garnished with fresh corriander leaves.