Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
I absolutely love the Golden Broccoli Cheese soup at Subway. This is the closest recipe I've found to the real deal. Enjoy!
- 2 teaspoons onions
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (I use white cheddar)
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli
- Cook onion in butter until it's tender.
- Stir in flour and pepper; add milk.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened to make the roux.
- Slowly add cheese.
- In another pan, dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water.
- Add broccoli. Cook until tender.
- Add to cheese mixture and stir well.
- Note: You may want to chop up broccoli into finer pieces depending on your preference.
I love this recipe. While it doesn't taste exactly like the Subway version, it was great nonetheless. I actually blended everything together at the end for a very creamy soup and it was outstanding!! I will definitely be adding this to my rotation. Thank you for posting this!
This is the recipe that I followed my first time making B&C soup and I love it. I add more cheese & onion to the recipe now and added in shredded carrots and its so delicious. Its great with these exact steps or you can tweak to make your own like me! My kiddos & I love this soup.
I found it good, but not great.