Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
I never realised how dependent I was on subway until I started to spend lots of money on it. So I went there for the last time (sob) to watch them make this; then I flew off to the supermarket, got the ingredients and started playing around. I like to add 1/4 cup refried beans to liven things up.
- 1 (10 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup refried beans (optional)
- 1 slice emmenthaler cheese, sliced into 2 triangles
- 1⁄3 cup lettuce, shredded (up to 1/2 cup, depends on the amount you can stuff in)
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄4 large onion, sliced
- 4 pickles
- 3 olives, sliced (optional)
- 2 teaspoons fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard
- Spread the refried beans (if using) and sliced cheese onto the tortilla and microwave it for 30 seconds, or until melted.
- Put the lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, olives (if using) and any other vegetable that you want (such as peppers) on top of the cheese.
- Drizzle with dressings.
- Making sure that all the filling is in the centre of the tortilla, wrap it up carefully, tucking in all edges.
- I hope my instructions are clear enough! :).
I didn't have any beans and I never use dressing but I packed in the cheese and all the veggies (using spinach for the lettuce). I was surprised at the marvelous way the pickle worked in this mix. It's a lovely light lunch that was a real pleasure.