Subway Sweet Onion Sauce (Copycat)
- WHISK sauce ingredients together in a small saucepan (1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon cold water, 6 tablespoons white vinegar, 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder, 1 tablespoon minced onion flakes, 2 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, 2 1/2 teaspoons mustard powder, 3/4 teaspoon celery salt, 3/4 teaspoon fresh onion juice, 3/4 teaspoon poppy seeds, 1/2 teaspoon onion salt, 3/8 teaspoon garlic salt, 3/8 teaspoon paprika, 3/8 teaspoon black pepper, 1-2 drops sesame oil).
- BRING mixture to a boiling while whisking constantly.
- REDUCE heat to low simmer, stirring until thickened and flavorful, about 5 minutes.
- ALLOW to cool, then refrigerate in a sealed container (keeps indefinitely).
- SERVE as a dressing for sandwiches or salads and enjoy!