Subway's sweet onion sauce clone
Make and share this Subway Sweet Onion Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon minced white onion
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons white distilled vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon buttermilk baking mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cracked black pepper
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients in a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat mixture uncovered in the microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on high until mixture boils rapidly.
- Whisk well, cover and cool.
- Alternatively, bring to a boil on top of stove.