Recipe by cuisinebymae
I use this in place of Sweetened Condensed Milk in my recipes. Less expensive than those little cans.Prep time icludes standing time. Makes one can.
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together sugar and dry milk powder.
- Stir melted margarine into the hot water.
- Stir water mixture into the sugar mixture, in about three additions, stirring after each addition.
- If you stir the water mixture in all at once it can be difficult to get all the lumps out.
- Let stand about 10-15 minutes before using.
- It will thicken.
- Stir before using.