This is one dish I will be preparing for my bro while in the US for a holiday. My bro. is really choosy about the food he eats. This is something he'll close his eyes and enjoy! Hope you enjoy it too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 small tomatoes, washed,peeled and chopped
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 2 inches fresh ginger, peeled,washed and finely chopped
- 7 -8 cloves fresh garlic, peeled,washed and finely chopped
- 2 medium green chilies, washed,ends trimmed and slit lengthwise
- 4 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 5 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, washed and chopped
- 1Boil eggs in a pot alongwith plenty of water.
- 2Once the eggs have boiled, remove the water and allow the eggs to cool completely.
- 3Heat oil in a pot.
- 4When its hot, add fennel seeds and bay leaf.
- 5After 15 seconds, add ginger, garlic and the green chilli.
- 6Saute until the raw smell of ginger and garlic is gone.
- 7Add tomatoes and cook well until softened completely.
- 8Mix in salt.
- 9Now, very gently, add the halved boiled eggs.
- 10Mix the eggs carefully to coat with the masala.
- 11Garnish with corriander leaves and serve hot with chappatis (rotis/Indian flatbreads) or with bread or cooked long-grain Basmati rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Subru uncle's Indian Egg Curry My Picky-eater Bro, Manav, Loves!
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 595.7
- Calories from Fat 472
- Total Fat 52.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 373.0 mg
- Sodium 4793.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 16.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: