Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is one dish I will be preparing for my bro while in the US for a holiday. My bro. is really choosy about the food he eats. This is something he'll close his eyes and enjoy! Hope you enjoy it too.
Top Review by Juliawiggins
I had no idea what this would be like before I tried it and it turned out JUST GREAT! Wonderful spices and textures. I added some tomato sauce poured over the top, then put cilantro over it.
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 small tomatoes, washed,peeled and chopped
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 2 inches fresh ginger, peeled,washed and finely chopped
- 7 -8 cloves fresh garlic, peeled,washed and finely chopped
- 2 medium green chilies, washed,ends trimmed and slit lengthwise
- 4 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 5 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, washed and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil eggs in a pot alongwith plenty of water.
- Once the eggs have boiled, remove the water and allow the eggs to cool completely.
- Heat oil in a pot.
- When its hot, add fennel seeds and bay leaf.
- After 15 seconds, add ginger, garlic and the green chilli.
- Saute until the raw smell of ginger and garlic is gone.
- Add tomatoes and cook well until softened completely.
- Mix in salt.
- Now, very gently, add the halved boiled eggs.
- Mix the eggs carefully to coat with the masala.
- Garnish with corriander leaves and serve hot with chappatis (rotis/Indian flatbreads) or with bread or cooked long-grain Basmati rice.