1 hr 10 mins
We make this as a side-dish and sometimes as the main dish alot of times in this household. My dad loves eating this vegetable. I'll be making this alot for him while in the US on my vacation! Hope you enjoy this as much as we do!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium potato, washed, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 small potato, washed, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups washed ends trimmed and chopped French beans
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 medium onions, peeled, washed and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled, washed and finely chopped
- 2 medium green chilies, washed and chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled, washed and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, washed, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1Heat oil in a pot on medium flame.
- 2When it's hot, lower flame and add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- 3Allow the seeds to splutter and crackle in the hot oil.
- 4Once they stop doing that, add ginger, garlic, onions and green chillies to the oil.
- 5Mix well and stir-fry for 5-7 minutes or until the raw smell of ginger and garlic is gone and the onions are softened.
- 6Add potatoes, mix well and cover the pot.
- 7Cook on medium flame for 5-7 minutes.
- 8Uncover, mix once and then add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder.
- 9Mix once again and then add the chopped French beans.
- 10Mix well, cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid and allow the veggies to cook on medium flame for 5 minutes.
- 11Uncover, add tomatoes and salt.
- 12Mix well and cover the pot with the tight-fitting lid.
- 13Allow to cook for 10 minutes on medium flame.
- 14Uncover, mix once and then cover the pot again.
- 15Allow the veggies to cook for 5 minutes on medium flame or until the tomatoes are softened and the veggies are tender and cooked well.
- 16Remove the pot from flame.
- 17Serve hot with Indian flatbreads (rotis) or bread or parathas.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Subru Uncle's French Beans-Aloo Ki Bhaji--French Beans & Pot
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.4
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1192.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.8 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 17.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: