Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
We make this as a side-dish and sometimes as the main dish alot of times in this household. My dad loves eating this vegetable. I'll be making this alot for him while in the US on my vacation! Hope you enjoy this as much as we do!!
- 1 medium potato, washed, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 small potato, washed, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups washed ends trimmed and chopped French beans
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 medium onions, peeled, washed and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled, washed and finely chopped
- 2 medium green chilies, washed and chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled, washed and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, washed, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a pot on medium flame.
- When it's hot, lower flame and add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Allow the seeds to splutter and crackle in the hot oil.
- Once they stop doing that, add ginger, garlic, onions and green chillies to the oil.
- Mix well and stir-fry for 5-7 minutes or until the raw smell of ginger and garlic is gone and the onions are softened.
- Add potatoes, mix well and cover the pot.
- Cook on medium flame for 5-7 minutes.
- Uncover, mix once and then add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder.
- Mix once again and then add the chopped French beans.
- Mix well, cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid and allow the veggies to cook on medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Uncover, add tomatoes and salt.
- Mix well and cover the pot with the tight-fitting lid.
- Allow to cook for 10 minutes on medium flame.
- Uncover, mix once and then cover the pot again.
- Allow the veggies to cook for 5 minutes on medium flame or until the tomatoes are softened and the veggies are tender and cooked well.
- Remove the pot from flame.
- Serve hot with Indian flatbreads (rotis) or bread or parathas.