Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The flavor of a sub sandwich, in a salad!
Make and share this Submarine Sandwich Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cups lettuce, torn
- 4 ounces French bread, cubed
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces pepperoni, sliced
- 2 ounces deli ham, julienned
- 2 ounces deli turkey, julienned
- 2 ounces salami, julienned
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash pepper
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients; mix well.
- In large serving bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
This salad is delicious. I used tex mex cheese instead of swiss to add some spice to the salad.
This is my favorite salad to make for potluck picnic type things. Never any leftovers! I don't always have exactly the same ingredients and I tend to tinker with the dressing but this is the master list I use. I lost my taste of home recipe for this so THANKS for posting this!! :)
We had this salad for supper last night and enjoyed it a lot. I used sour dough bread that I had on hand, left the red onion out, and doubled the dressing. Instead of regular lettuce I used a bag of Dole Romaine blend salad mix. The dressing mix was good but needed just a little zip. Used red wine vinegar instead of white and maybe some red pepper flakes would be good too. Thank you JenniferK2 for posting this recipe. We will be making your salad again!