Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This elegant custard is luscious and creamy, yet easy to prepare. Cooking time does not include chilling time.
- 6 eggs, separate the yolks from the whites
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cream sherry
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- nutmeg (optional) or fruit, topping (optional)
- Beat egg yolks with sugar until creamy.
- Place in a double boiler.
- Add sherry and cook slowly until thick.
- Remove from heat, scoop mixture into a bowl and allow to cool 10-15 minutes.
- Add whipped cream and vanilla.
- Divide into four small dessert bowls or ramekins. Or, you may wish to use small wine glasses.
- Chill 2-3 hours.
- Serve plain as is, or sprinkle nutmeg over top, or top with fresh fruit.