Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
I saw this in a cook book of Gordon Ramsay's and man oh man was it worth it
- 50 g unsalted butter, plus extra to grease
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder, to dust
- 50 g good-quality unsweetened chocolate squares, minimum 70% cocoa
- 1 free range egg
- 1 free range egg yolk
- 60 g caster sugar
- 50 g plain flour
- heat the oven to 160 degrees.
- butter to large ramekins, about 7.5cm in diameter, then dust liberally with cocoa.
- slowly melt the chocolate and butter in a small bowl set over a pan of hot water.
- then take of the heat and stir until smooth.
- leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- using an electric mixer, whisk the whole egg, egg yolk and sugar together until pale and thick.
- then incorporate the chocolate mixture.
- sift the flour over mixture and gently fold in, using large metal spoon.
- divide between the ramekins.
- bake for 12 minutes.
- turn the chocolate fondants out on to warmed plates and serve imediately.
I saw a similiar recipe being made on Masterchef Australia and found this recipe. I agree with the previous reviewer that the result after 12 min is too sloppy. I cooked mine for a further 3 minutes at 160 deg, but I think a warmer oven for 12 min should be perfect. The taste is decadent.
Great taste but the temperature definitely needs to be 180 deg C otherwise the result is too soft and collapses.