Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This isnt your every day macaroni and cheese.
Make and share this Sublime 3 Cheese Macaroni recipe from Food.com.
- 113.39 g butter
- 56.69 g flour
- 946.0 ml whole milk
- 354.88 ml whole milk
- 9.85 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 1.23 ml ground allspice
- 1.23 ml grated nutmeg
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 340.19 g extra sharp goats milk cheddar cheese, shredded
- 340.19 g gruyere cheese, grated
- 226.79 g Fontina cheese, grated
- 453.59 g pasta shells or 453.59 g penne
- 127.57 g panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large saucepan, melt your butter over lowe heat and then whisk in flour and cook 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in your milk and cook over low heat, constantly whisking until mixture becomes thinkened.
- Whisk in salt, pepper, allspice, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper.
- Stir in cheeses and remove from heat and cover.
- Cook pasta in required amount of boiling water for 10 mins until slightly undercooked and then drain.
- Stir into cheese sauce.
- Add pasta to a casserole dish and add cheese mixture to it and fold over and over until thoroughly combined.
- Sprinkle with panko and place dish into your preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes or until sauce is bubbling and panko is golden brown.
I'm always looking for new ways of making mac and cheese and this is a great way to make it a little "fancier". I really liked the combination of the cheeses and the addition of the red pepper to spice it up a bit. I had leftovers and let me just say, it's even better the second time around! Thanks for a Mac and Cheese recipe!!!