1/1 Photo of Sublime 3 Cheese Macaroni
This isnt your every day macaroni and cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces butter
- 2 ounces flour
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 lb extra sharp goats milk cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 lb gruyere cheese, grated
- 1/2 lb Fontina cheese, grated
- 1 lb pasta shells or 1 lb penne
- 4 1/2 ounces panko breadcrumbs
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large saucepan, melt your butter over lowe heat and then whisk in flour and cook 2 minutes.
- 3Slowly whisk in your milk and cook over low heat, constantly whisking until mixture becomes thinkened.
- 4Whisk in salt, pepper, allspice, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper.
- 5Stir in cheeses and remove from heat and cover.
- 6Cook pasta in required amount of boiling water for 10 mins until slightly undercooked and then drain.
- 7Stir into cheese sauce.
- 8Add pasta to a casserole dish and add cheese mixture to it and fold over and over until thoroughly combined.
- 9Sprinkle with panko and place dish into your preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes or until sauce is bubbling and panko is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sublime 3 Cheese Macaroni
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 640.7
- Calories from Fat 332
- Total Fat 36.9 g
- Saturated Fat 22.1 g
- Cholesterol 114.3 mg
- Sodium 989.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 30.9 g