From turkishcookbook.com. Note: a word or two about grape molasses: Grape molasses, or uzum pekmezi (it goes by several names) is concentrated grape juice from the Mediterranean/Middle East. You can read more about it here: slowfoodbeirut.org/index_inv.php?c=inv18
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bunch watercress, stems cut off, washed and drained (I used both) or 1 bunch arugula, washed and drained (I used both)
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 10 bocconcini, balls or 10 slices feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon grape molasses (read Intro)
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar (read *Note)
- 1*Note: The original recipe did not specify a particular type of vinegar. Also, if you wish, the bell pepper can be grilled instead of broiled.
- 2Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small glass bowl.
- 3Heat oven to BROIL.
- 4Remove the stem from the bell pepper and cut it in half, discarding seeds.
- 5Place the red pepper face down on a baking tray and place in the oven.
- 6Roast for about 15 minutes. After roasting the bell pepper, place it in a paper bag, close the bag up and set aside for about 15-20 minutes.
- 7Remove bell pepper from the bag; peel and devein. Cut into thin slices.
- 8Arrange the watercress on a platter. Place the cheese and roasted red bell pepper slices on top.
- 9Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
- 10Garnish salad with lemon slices and sesame seeds.
- 11Serve at room temperature.
- 12Yield is estimated.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Su Teresi Salatasi (Turkish Watercress Salad)
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.1
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 83.9 mg
- Sodium 671.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 24.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white balsamic vinegar