1/1 Photo of SU-NO-MO-NO SALAD
This is a tangy refreshing salad that goes well with a shrimp dish or any oriental menu. It goes great with Tempura.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 7 tablespoons vinegar (50% Japanese vinegar and 50% white western vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 package harusame noodles (Japanese transparent dried noodles)
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 1/4 medium carrot
- 1 egg, hard boiled and chopped
- 1 slice ham (old-fashioned) (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon grated ginger (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1Put sugar, vinegars, soy sauce and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 2Do not stir until it boils.
- 3If you choose to use some ginger or the mustard add it now.
- 4Cool the dressing (You can make the dressing ahead of time but it is important that you keep it in a closed container so it does not go flat) Boil the Harusame for 3-4 minutes.
- 5(Have the water boiling before adding the Harusame) The Harusame is cooked when there are no white streaks when you pick it up with chopsticks.
- 6Do not overcook and cook it just before you wish to serve the salad allowing time to cool.
- 7Cool the Harusame in cold water.
- 8Slice the cucumber thinly Grate the carrot Mix Harusame, carrot and cucumber with the dressing Decorate with chopped egg and the ham if you wish to do so.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for SU-NO-MO-NO SALAD
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.9
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 669.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: